Rails with Bitnami
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bitnami provides pre-packaged stacks for programming environments and popular applications.
Bitnami supports the Rubystack via:
- Native Installer package for MacOS
- VM Ware distributed install
- worked for ESX. Also works on VMWare Fusion
- AWS Image
RubyStack Native Installer
- Install ran easily.
- Management console for Apache, MySQL is installed.
- Web Server via WeBRICK running via rails was successful.
- Looks most promising
- OVERALL RATING: Good
RubyStack VMWare Distribution
- Was pleasantly surprised that it worked directly in VMWare Fusion without having to convert the ESX image
- Rails installation is based on Ubuntu stack.
- Intended application is
- Challenges are in tranfering code/data to and from VM.
- Challenges are in starting the Rails web server
- Intended use was to access rails apps via web server on Bridged IP.
- rails server failed to work on first try.
- OVERALL RATING: Average