ZF1 vs ZF2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The comparisons of ZF1 and ZF2 is really an evaluation of ZF2. ZF1 seemed well received as with all other first generation PHP Frameworks. However ZF2 is distinctly different by adopting more enterprise patterns and capabilities.
- ZF2 is about 40% faster than ZF1
- Based on MOVE (Model Operations Views Events]]
- Embraces namespaces
- 100% object-oriented code
- Utilises most of the new features of PHP 5.3 (eg. namespaces, late static binding, lambda functions and closures)
- Utilises a package manager called Composer
- Mandatory Modules in ZF2. Was previously optional.
- Increased complexity for junior programmers