A Business Analyst is someone who analyzes an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
- Business Analysis Deliverables
- Business Analysis Methods
- Business Analyst Training
- Business Analyst Certification
Areas of Business Analysis
There are at least four types of business analysis:
- Strategic planning – to identify the organization's business needs
- Business model analysis – to define the organization's policies and market approaches
- Process design – to standardize the organization’s workflows
- Systems analysis – the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems (generally within IT)
The Business Analyst, sometimes, is someone who is a part of the business operation and works with Information Technology to improve the quality of the services being delivered, sometimes assisting in Integration and Testing of new solutions.
The BA may also support the development of training material, participates in the implementation, and provides post-implementation support. This may involve the development of project plans and often requires project management skills.