Enterprise Architecture Management
From Glitchdata Wiki
Managing the Enterprise Architecture function of a large organisation can be a challenge.
EA Functional Management
- Formation of organisation of EA groups
- Develop key staff and skill sets
- Metrics to monitor progress of EA initiatives and demonstrate the value of the EA function.
- Stakeholder management and communications
- Develop IT Strategy
- Establish EA Governance
- Design IT Portfolio Planning Processes
- Develop a Business Interface
Staffing and Leadership Development
- EA groups need to broaden skills. 5 main areas are:
- Engagement skills
- Business Understanding
- Strategic Thinking
- Architecture Work
- Technical Knowledge
- EA contributions are often of intermediate value
- Benefits of many EA activities are significant, but accrue over a longer period of time while the costs are felt immediately.
- Structure performance measurements to link EA activities to strategic business objectives.
- Select EA metrics that link to strategic business objectives.
- Select a combination of Strategic and Tactical projects to deliver value.
Stakeholder Management and Communications
- EA influence is always a challenge
- Business decision making has become more cross-functional with business areas exercising greater control over IT