Project Management Maturity
What is Project success / failure?
- Lack of a valid business case (Objective)
- Insufficient definition of requirements
- Poor communication
- Inadequate acceptance of responsibilities
- Poor estimation of costs and schedule (Budget)
- Inadequate planning
- Lack of control over progress
- Lack of quality control
Rules of Thumbs
- A typical Project Manager can manage up to 6-8 team members/team managers.
- Communication overheads overload when > 8 people
- Verify and Validate is important