SAP Business Objects (a.k.a. BO, BOBJ) is a French enterprise software company, specializing in business intelligence (BI). Since 2007, it has been a part of SAP AG. The company claimed more than 46,000 customers worldwide in its final earnings release. Its flagship product is BusinessObjects XI.
- SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 is now GA for most countries:
- Common services for deployment and management of BI tools
- Query and analysis tools for self-service reporting, including DeskI (Full Client, which is being retired)
- Web Intelligence (for ad-hoc reporting)
- Enterprise Reporting (Crystal Reports) access, format, and deliver information to large populations of users.
- Data Visualization (Dashboard Design/Xcelsius) supports creation of flash dashboards and dynamic charts and graphics with data from BO XI, databases, or Excel spreadsheets.
- Universe Designer: An administrator tool used to construct Universes or abstracted end-user views of the database; allows pre-defining table joins, object descriptions, and measure object behavior during aggregation. This tool is succeeded by "Information Design Tool" (IDT) in SAP BusinessObjects 4.0
- Enterprise Information Management (EIM) integrates and improves data to create a trusted foundation for business decisions. Creates a basis for querying and analysis through ETL or EII.
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) helps users align with strategy by tracking and analyzing key business metrics and goals via management dashboards, scorecards, analytics, and alerting.
- InfoView web portal, which is succeeded by "BI Workspaces" in SAP BusinessObjects 4.0
- On-demand BI software (Business Intelligence OnDemand), hosted on the web.