PII: State Proof of Identity Cards Western Australia

From Glitchdata
Jump to navigation Jump to search

WA Photo Card

Replacing your WA Photo Card may not reduce the risk of your previous card or number being misused as form of identity. IDCARE advises that you continue to monitor for misuse by following the “Detect” measures provided at the beginning of this email. Also, request additional security for your existing accounts that may use your WA Photo Card as part of verifying your identity. This could include, but is not limited to, banking and finance accounts, superannuation, Commonwealth Government services (such as myGov), telecommunications and utilities providers, and social media accounts.

You must notify the Department of Transport within 21 days if your card is lost, stolen or damaged. Your replacement card will have the same client number and expiry date as your original card. Please note that your WA Photo Card has the same number as any previously held, current or future WA driver licence. Unlike most Australian states, this number cannot be changed.

If your Photo Card was stolen, report it to the police and obtain a police report number. Make sure you take the police report number with you when applying for your replacement card as this will waive the replacement fee of $30.90. You must apply for a replacement card in person at a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre . You will need to bring proof of identity documents and complete a Photo Card Application PC1 . Pay the replacement fee of $30.90 if you do not have a police report number. Your replacement card will be mailed to you within 14 days of your application, so make sure that your letterbox is secure. If your card does not arrive, contact the Department of Transport on 13 11 56.