TOGAF: Architecture Governance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Architecture governance is the practice and orientation by which enterprise architectures and other architectures are managed and controlled at an enterprise-wide level.
Nature of Governance
Characteristics of governance are:
- All involved parties will have a commitment to adhere to procedures, processes, and authority structures established by the organization.
- All actions implemented and their decision support will be available for inspection by authorized organization and provider parties.
- All processes, decision-making, and mechanisms used will be established so as to minimize or avoid potential conflicts of interest.
- Identifiable groups within the organization - e.g., governance boards who take actions or make decisions - are authorized and accountable for their actions.
- Each contracted party is required to act responsibly to the organization and its stakeholders.
- All decisions taken, processes used, and their implementation will not be allowed to create unfair advantage to any one particular party.
Architecture Governance Framework
Key Concepts include:
- Process Flow Control