Testing can be very resource intensive. The scope for testing can be very broad. Its important to establish a test strategy and focus on key issues and deliver a best cost-benefit scenario. Testing helps reduce risk. Test Strategy is specific to an organisation and project.
- Identify areas of greatest risk
- Consider compliance requirements
- Consider legal requirements
- Consider contractual requirements
- Consider industry-specific standards
Some of these strategies are reactive and some preventive.
- Analytical Test Strategy
- Model based Test Strategy
- Methodical strategy
- Dynamic Strategy
- Process or Standard Compliant method
- Consultative or Directed
- Regression Adverse